MS Imaging Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
LEAP Technologies TM Sprayer (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: LEAP Technologies TM Sprayer
Milad731 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User OfflineClick here to see the profile of this user
LEAP Technologies TM Sprayer 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
I have recently started working on a project that involves imaging tissues using MALDI MSI. I have been trying to use a LEAP Technologies TM Sprayer to coat the tissues with matrix, but I have not had any luck replicating any of the protocols found in literature. I am mostly having trouble with the nozzle clogging and matrix sputtering.

I am using a-CHCA as matrix, and have tried to optimize the conditions by changing the matrix concentration, solvent composition, nozzle temperature, and flow rate. I was wondering if anyone in this community works with a TM Sprayer, and they have had the same issues.

LoggedLogged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
yanj1 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User OfflineClick here to see the profile of this user
Re:LEAP Technologies TM Sprayer 1 Year, 7 Months ago  
you can try to lower the nozzle heating temperature. in my experience, the heating most of time is not necessary.
I generally spray any matrix at 30°C, and never have clogging and sputtering issue.

the heating at nozzle causes matrix crystals build up slowly, and then the pressure at the nozzle also slowly build up, you can actually monitor the pressure with the sprayer's pressure monitor on the front panel, the pressure will go through a "up-down-up' circle if you have a too high temperature at the nozzle.

another thing you can do is to make the matrix solution a bit dilute, not so high concentration, say around 10-15mg/mL in mostly organic solvents (90% acetonitrile or even acetone). that way, you have less chance of matrix crushing out during the spray and clog up or spatter.

LoggedLogged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top